The final preparations have been made! I have my backpack packed! I have food for the first leg of my trip! Water is ready to go. I have finalized my preliminary schedule!
I have purchased my permit for the Great Smokey Mountains.
Currently my pack weighs about 38lbs. This is a little heavier that what I hoped, but I'm not disappointed. I'm fully stocked with more food than I need for the leg. I will fine tune by food intake after a few days and the pack will be much lighter. I also have a tent that is a little bigger than what I need for 1 person, but I feel the extra space will be nice.
I have decided to move my start date up almost a week as I am ready to go now. Additionally, I hope to make it to my friend's wedding in June and I need to be in town a day or two earlier than I had planned as my buddy who is picking me up and is in the wedding needs to get me earlier than I had assumed. Sunday is the day! 4/27/14! only 3 more days! I cannot explain the excitement that I am feeling right now! I will soon be on the trail carrying everything I need to survive on my back!
I will update with some pictures on Sunday as I leave! Stay tuned for my updates!
I have purchased my permit for the Great Smokey Mountains.
Currently my pack weighs about 38lbs. This is a little heavier that what I hoped, but I'm not disappointed. I'm fully stocked with more food than I need for the leg. I will fine tune by food intake after a few days and the pack will be much lighter. I also have a tent that is a little bigger than what I need for 1 person, but I feel the extra space will be nice.
I have decided to move my start date up almost a week as I am ready to go now. Additionally, I hope to make it to my friend's wedding in June and I need to be in town a day or two earlier than I had planned as my buddy who is picking me up and is in the wedding needs to get me earlier than I had assumed. Sunday is the day! 4/27/14! only 3 more days! I cannot explain the excitement that I am feeling right now! I will soon be on the trail carrying everything I need to survive on my back!
I will update with some pictures on Sunday as I leave! Stay tuned for my updates!
No comments:
Post a Comment